Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Day of Consults

So sometimes my day are filled with things to do here on the base...be that assessing babies, helping out Aurora (our Mozambican nurse in the baby house), meetings, play time, admin work...but other days I am needed to help bring kids to medical consults off the base.  Yesterday was one of those days.  We left the center at 7am...now if you know me, you know I'd much rather sleep until 9 or 10 and work into the night than get up and be out by 7...but I made it.  
My job was to bring Gloria (the newest, tiniest member of our family) to her malnutrition consult at the hospital.  I dropped a bunch of other kids off for other things first and then headed to the hospital.  We only really have one car seat for the babies...so this is how I traveled with Gloria...
Made me laugh the whole time and realize just how much we compromise living here...never in a million years would I put a 3.5kg (7.7 pound) baby in a big car seat in the States...but all was fine!
After Gloria's consult I went back to pick up all the other guys.  Not everyone was finished yet so I ended up in the car attempting to entertain several boys...look at their gorgeous faces...full of mischief!
Too keep them entertained I even let Shelton feed Gloria...so stinkin' cute!  He loved it and found it really funny that she could drink her milk so fast...a lesson in family life while sitting in a car waiting on other kids to finish their medical consults...that's my life I guess...attempting to teach these kids things their parents would in every spare moment I have with them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Meghann for glimpse of a day in your life.

    I am praying for you and all staff and of course the beautiful children and babies.
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete