Thursday, May 21, 2009

Support Letter Written and being distributed!

Hello All!
I'm still in shock that I sat down yesterday, finished my support letter, and have already passed many out! The total count of money collected is up to about $3000...only $7000 more! Praise God! It has been amazing to see the generosity of those around me and the awesome plan God has for all of this.
Please let me know if you want to be on the list that gets updates via e-mail or if you would like to have a letter mailed to you. Leave a comment with your name, address, and e-mail!
As for prayer requests:
1- Please pray for the Lord to prepare my heart for whatever He has planned!
2- Pray that this whole experience would be for His glory and for making Him famous...not me in the least!
3- Pray for my family and friends as saying goodbye and knowing I won't be back until February is going to be extremely trying.
That is all I have for now. I love you all and appreciate more than you know the support, love, and encouragement you are sending my way!
Much Love!

Here is a copy of my letter is you would like to read it for more information:

Greetings-

It is with joy, passion, excitement, and nervousness that I write you this letter. As some of you know, I have developed a strong passion for mission work over the past year. I have been seeking guidance from the Lord since the opportunity of serving at an orphanage in Mozambique, Africa presented itself this Fall. My passion for this particular location and community has continued to grow, while affirmation was placed around me consistently.

I have committed to serve for a year at this orphanage of over 300 children from infancy through high school aged. It is called the Zimpeto Center and is run by Iris Ministries, an organization brought to Mozambique in 1995. Feel free to read over the Iris Ministries website or the Zimpeto Center site (addresses found on the enclosed sheet). I will be living at the orphanage in housing that is provided, while working as a nurse in their medical clinic. The nurses are charged with the responsibility of managing outbreaks of malaria and other illnesses at the Center, dealing with infection in the dormitories, designing care plans for new babies and children who are taken in, running a baby care clinic and milk program, and supervising a medical clinic for the community. I will not know my personal responsibilities until I arrive, but my education and minimal experience will definitely be stretched and used daily.

This letter is being sent to many people who have touched mine and my family’s lives. Know that if you are receiving it, you have already played an integral role in getting me where I am today. I would greatly appreciate your commitment to prayer for my preparations, continued trust in the Lord’s provision, and lastly my safety, ministry, and well-being while abroad. Also, since I am going to be away from anything familiar, from family to friends, language to life-style, any encouraging communication to help sustain my strength would be more valued than you realize. Lastly, I’ll invite you to consider sacrificing something, maybe a cup of coffee a week, a TV, an extra outfit this summer…in order to invest in the lives and health of children orphaned in Mozambique. Preparing for the coming year, I have been given the responsibility of raising approximately $10,000. This includes airfare, international medical insurance, and the cost of living while I am abroad from August 2009-August 2010. I sincerely appreciate any support you feel lead to provide and look forward to sharing this journey with you. Please see the enclosed card for more information on support and communication.

I hope that my testimony of what God is doing in my life will be a blessing and encouragement to you. Please e-mail to get more information at meghann.s.glenn@gmail.com. If you wish to follow me on this journey, I will be keeping a blog at nurseinmozambique.blogspot.com/. Also, if you would like to be on a regular e-mail list to receive updates please let me know.

All of my love,

Meghann

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

-Matthew 28:19



Website information:

Iris Ministries- http://irismin.org

Zimpeto Center- http://www.irismin.com/ministryLoc_zimpeto.cfm

My blog- http://nurseinmozambique.blogspot.com/


Mailing address:

Meghann Glenn

14 Cherry Hills Drive

Aiken, SC 29803


To Partner with me: Please fill out the following and mail it back to me and on the dates you choose below (between August 19, 2009 and August 2010) I will do my best to send you pictures and a story of what occurred that day, week, or month. This way you know exactly how your gift is impacting the children I will be with.

Name- _________________________________

Email address- _____________________________________

(If you would only like to receive e-mail updates, please let me know via e-mail.)

____ I would like to support Meghann financially with a one-time gift of:

$25 (covers one day), date you would like to cover- ___________

$150 (covers the cost of one week), dates of week you would like to cover- __________

$500 (covers a month), the month you would like to cover- ____________

____ I would like to support Meghann financially with a monthly donation of: ____________

(I will ensure you are updated monthly on the impact your donation is making to the children I am working with.)

*** Checks should be made payable to Meghann Glenn (if you are giving monthly while I am gone I will keep you updated on how money will be handled after I have left the country).

No comments:

Post a Comment