Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm back...

So I'm safely back in Mozambique. For the record our internet is so slow I can watch an entire tv episode while I wait for pages to load while I check/respond to e-mail. Are you kidding me??? Absolutely ridiculous!
Anyway, that's just life for us at the moment. Back to the fact that I'm back safely. I flew on some of the bumpiest flights of my entire life (3 actually...each one getting worse). I sat next to a girl who had never flown before who grabbed my arm as we took off...but she did great!!! And gave me quite the entertainment on my first flight (Charlotte to JFK). Flight number 2 it was good I was buckled in safe and sound while I slept because the "turbulence" almost knocked me out of my seat...I think you should call it a roller coaster not just turbulence when you REALLY need a seat belt! Then after 5 hours in the Joburg airport it was flight number 3...just as bumpy as the others. Laura was amazing and picked me up despite being sick and even brought me to the grocery store before we came back. Erin and some of the other girls cooked me dinner...some amazing curry...and I caught them up on all the adventures of my time at home!
But, honestly it seems like EVERYTHING is different here...1 month makes a big difference. We have a new baby. His name is Alberto, and he is 5 months old. SO STINKIN' CUTE! He has the biggest belly and loves to laugh! I'll write more about him soon and upload pictures if my CRAZY internet allows! Also, the babies are BIG. It's crazy the difference a month can make in baby size. All the toddlers moved up rooms in the Baby House (they are in rooms by age). I walked in and couldn't believe my eyes! They look so grown up! Also, a bunch of missionaries who have been gone for a long time (meaning I hadn't met them just heard of them) got back this weekend too. And another new missionary arrived soon after I left. Her name is Emily, she's from Australia, and seems super sweet! Other missionaries are moving houses...including me! I'll be moving in the next few weeks because a couple is coming around the 20th of March and will be moving into my house. Many many many changes...nothing seems the same!
Ok...well that's all for me. Tomorrow I'm back to work. Our clinic nurse leaves for Brazil tomorrow afternoon...so it's all me! We shall see how this all goes. And it's official...Erin will be leaving us the end of May. :( I'm not happy she's leaving but am very excited to see what God has in store for her. Point being...there's A LOT of work to be done and not very many people to get it done. It should be an interesting few months...stay tuned for many many many stories of LONG days, HOT days, and FUNNY kids...I do live on a playground (to quote Laura!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment