Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Trip to Swazi!

This past weekend I snuck away...Praise the Lord Jesus!  Two other missionaries and I took a little trip to Swaziland.  I'll admit now that I have been wanting to go to Swaziland for over a year.  A year ago I found out about a place called Swazi Candles and ever since have wanted to go.  Everyone who goes to Swazi says it is GORGEOUS, PEACEFUL, SAFE, FRIENDLY...basically everything you could ever want in a vacation!  So finally I got the opportunity to check it out for myself.  I have gotten a tease of Swazi before through border runs (those crazy times I have go out of Mozambique just to come back in again to fulfill my visa requirements)...but this time I got the real experience.
We left Saturday morning and arrived at an adorable farm a few hours later.  That was after we were welcomed into Swaziland at the border...


And after checking in and discovering the cooler weather that I so love, I found out this was the few from our front door!  Breathtaking!


The next two days we spent rainy days relaxing under the best blankets in the world!  Between the rain showers we did go on some adventures around the farm property.  We strolled with the puppies, played in the corn fields, met an adorable baby cow, and just enjoyed the outdoors!  Take a look!



We also enjoyed and picked some gorgeous flowers!
And I have to say one of my favorite parts was the fact that we got to watch them milk their cows and then come back to our little chalet to drink the milk!  AMAZING...made for the best tea and coffee I think I've ever had!


Then our last day I got to go to Swazi Candles...take a look at the amazingness! 
 


I know, I know...you want to go...you are thinking about coming to visit me just to take a walk in there and watch this adorable man make you an animal-shaped candle right before your eyes!  Come on...you're welcome any time!
I was SO blessed over these 3 days.  There was actually silence during daylight hours.  There were green trees to walk under.  There were great chats between friends.  There was a cool breeze that blew while rain fell all around us.  It was gorgeous and peaceful just as everyone had described to me.  It was exactly what I needed to jump back into the chaos that is my life here in Mozambique at the center.  Of course there is chaos with 250 children running around all the time.  All of that to say I was blessed, and I am thankful for the time away to clear my head and get back on track!
And, I think I would go to Swaziland every weekend if I had the chance...

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I've heard that last line somewhere before! You wrote such a great post about it, can I steal it? Such a great time, I'm glad I got to go with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have heard that last line a few times before...and of course you can steal it! It was a brilliant time. Thanks again for driving and just for hanging out with us! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss ya'll!!! I loved my 2 visits to Swaziland and often wondered why I didn't go more often....hmmm.....way quieter than SA. ah well....glad you girls enjoyed it and that it was everything you dreamed it would be ;)

    ReplyDelete