Friday, April 30, 2010

A MIRACLE!

First, just take a look at Fernanda at her smallest being prayed for.
I'm sure you have all been wondering about her. The last post I wrote about Fernanda was entitled "Transformation..." other than a quick update. This one even more appropriately is entitled, "A MIRACLE", because that is indeed what she is.
Just look at her...
She weighed in at 10.4kg this morning...that's almost 23 pounds!!!!!!!!!
There are no more ribs showing as you can see. She is quite the silly little girl at the moment. She loves to make faces, play peek-a-boo, and she laughed all morning at her own picture on my camera. It was hysterical! She absolutely loved it!
She is not a big fan of the other kids yet. I think she knows she is older than them even though they are walking and she isn't. She doesn't like them to come take her toys and run away or to crawl up in my lap when she has already claimed it for herself. But she does have a big heart. She loved Graca. Somehow she knew she was suffering. She knew she needed love. She wouldn't ever push her away and when she cried she would crawl over and take her hand. She often reached out of her crib into Graca's to hold her hand before they fell asleep. She somehow knew.
I pray she grows up compassionate. I pray God has given her a HUGE heart through this miracle. I pray she has compassion on others the way God had compassion on her during her time of need. I pray she grows up with God's eyes for the broken hearted. She is certainly quite the miracle, and I love every chunky piece of her!

2 comments:

  1. Okay ... this one brought tears to my eyes when I read that Fernanda would hold Graca's hand but play with no one else! Compassion is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is, and she is full of it! Praise God for her miracle!

    ReplyDelete