Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to Work it is...

******Valter is home and looking much better!  We are still keeping a VERY close eye on him and treating him, but he's on the mend.  Praise God and thank you for all your prayers!

As for me I went back to work today.  That is only after 3 days of cleaning mold out of my room and stealing short moments to spend time with the babies (who can stay away)!  If I haven't mentioned it I returned to my entire room being covered in mold.  No one is sure what happened but it wasn't the most inviting homecoming.  Ok...let's be serious...it was terrible!  It reeked!  I didn't dare to sleep here the first night.  I dropped my stuff off and headed to another house for the night.  Tuesday I did my best to start cleaning.  I made it through the bathroom and then Sam (another missionary and close friend) was a saint and helped me scrub the walls.  We stood on a latter with bleach water and attacked every last mold spore that was clinging to my gorgeous recently painted walls (if you don't remember that adventure...look it up...June/July of 2010)!
Tuesday also found me discovering that my fridge had been unplugged.  Well in my infinite wisdom everything I wanted to keep while I was away I had placed in my fridge.  There were things like jelly, syrup (American syrup that you can't get here), ketchup (all the way from south africa), curry paste (amazing stuff from World Market in America), and other delightful treats (including a few frozen girl scout cookies that were from my last trip home!).  Anyway, EVERYTHING is gone now.  They were all BLACK/GREEN/RED/YELLOW and majorly SLIMY.  Absolutely disgusting does not even begin to describe it.  Well after 4 scrubbings it is finally plugged back in and home to all my food at the moment (oh I failed to mention this a tiny dorm sized fridge) because our kitchen fridge is on the fritz because of power issues.  This place is out of control I tell you!
Wednesday was also full of cleaning and a fun adventure to the city movie theater to see Toy Story 3.  I will soon share this with you including photos (after the adventures of London, South Africa, and all the many many changes/new children I have come back to).  This weekend I will be a blog writing machine...promise!  Anyway, point being today I went back to work.
I spent my morning with Gracie (a 4 year old daughter of some of our other missionaries).  We have craft time every Thursday morning (thanks to Rebecca who filled in for me while I was away!!).  I brought her a few things from the US to decorate, cut, paste, and glitter and we had a blast together!  Then I went on to milk program (which Jannie has been covering for me while I was away...you're amazing!!!).  We are still in the midst of training up the Mozambicans who one day will run it themselves.  But in VERY exciting news, our funding was doubled for 2011!!!  Praise God for his faithfulness!  This means that as I dreamed before I left we will be able to provide full replacement powdered milk to 40 babies who are in need this year!  I am so excited!  Next came a catch up meeting with Sheri (the nurse who is over me).  She filled me in all the happenings of the last 7 weeks.  SO many things happen while you're away...it's amazing how quickly things change around here.  Anyway, next came a great dinner with friends and then church.  Which, I will admit I have missed the dancing and crazy children of our Thursday night church services!
And for the big finaly of my day...I was given report and now am on call for my first night since being back.  Tomorrow I'm working in the Baby House and am hopeful to get to know all the new little ones better and find my footing again in the job I love here on the base!  And...are you ready for this one...I have decided to start P90X.  That's right!  I was graciously given the dvd's while I at home and Sam (again close friend and fellow missionary) and I have decided to start the 90 day intensive work out Sunday...pray for us in our new love affair with Tony Horton (if you don't know that name...look it up and be amazed!)
Until next time...God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment