Monday, July 27, 2009

One Gauntlet Story for Tonight...(and prayer requests)

About 1,400,000 children are orphaned,
400,000 of them because of AIDS.

I'm sobered once again by this fact tonight. I was reading back through the stats I shared two weeks ago and couldn't help but realize this is exactly why God is sending me over. He is my heavenly father and wants every one of His children to know of this truth.

Here's an awesome story for you from last week...it occurred during worship the last night we were involved in the BigStuf conference in Daytona. To paint a picture for you...I was in a room with 4,000 youth (middle school and high school students) and their leaders. 1,000 people in the room were from Anderson, SC from NewSpring Chruch where I am a member. I had already been blown away so many times about the favor God has placed on my church and the blessings we get to experience day in and day out. So at this particular moment we were corporately worshiping to Hillsong's "Arms Open Wide". The words of the song are, "Take my hands and make then clean, keep my heart in purity, that I may walk in all you have for me. Oh here I stand arms open wide. Oh I am yours and you are mine"
I was standing with my arms outstretched to my side head tilted back in complete surrender and immediately God spoke to me and placed a picture in my head. I was in Africa crouched down with my arms just as I had them (outstretched as far as I could reach to each side of my body) with tons of children and babies running and toddling toward me with nothing by smiles on their faces. I wept with the excitement that is what God has for me if I am willing to keep begging for the strength, courage, and faith to follow His plan!
I cannot wait for this to be a reality! (It will be sooner than I can comprehend!)

Oh and for one more affirming story of the week...in normal God fashion the Kenyan children's choir led us in worship one morning! Again I wept with the realization of the love God has placed in me over the last few months (without me realizing it) for His children in Africa. I definitely never thought I would be in Africa and wasn't so sure I would have the same connection/draw toward/love for the children their as I do here. How wrong could I have been!? I'm humbled and in awe of how God has prepared my heart this summer for what He has to come.

A few quick prayer requests...
~I would love prayer for God to continue to prepare me through my time with Him and through the experiences I have these last few weeks in the States.
~I am currently begging God for a group of believers in Africa that I immediately click with and am able to study with and be held accountable by. I desperately want that!
~I had a draining but wonderful and exciting conversation with a dear friend last night who is really going through a rough time in his life. I would love prayers for him that he continues to question God and search for answers in Him and nothing else. Also I am begging God that my friend will be lit on fire for Christ and set back on the path God has for him!
~Last for all the goodbyes that are continuing to be a reality in my life. I want them to be sweet and meaningful but not tear me to pieces and am having trouble finding that balance. I want God to be the center of each one of them.
~Ok one more...for my family who is obviously realizing their only daughter is going over seas. I am begging God to comfort them and bring them to peace with my departure, something only He can do!

Much more to process from The Gauntlet so there will be more headed your way...

2 comments:

  1. Meghann- God, in His infinite wisdom, is preparing you for a cultural shift! The people of Africa believe in dreams and visions- they are as much a part of their culture as in Biblical times. It seems that we "modern" folks have discounted them and shoved them into the category of "Must have been something I ate" or something similar! He has given yoyu a love hug in the form of your vision- praise Him for that and I praise Him that you recognized it for what it truly was!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you sister! and sooooo excited to see what God is going to do thru your surrender...AWESOME!!! I have to admit a little jealousy though....I want to go with you! I will be there in prayer...

    Kim

    ReplyDelete