Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mango Season!

It's mango season.  Something I dearly love!  I must have complained daily before I left for the States in November that I was going to miss mango season...seriously that would have been tragic!  Instead I got back just in time to enjoy the ripest, biggest, juiciest, and loveliest mangoes of them all!
The other night we cut into one of these babies...I shared with another missionary because otherwise it would have been meal-sized not just snack-sized.  But either way it was amazing!
I've decided there will be 2 options when I move back to the States...A) I'll never eat mangoes again because I can't even fathom spending $2 a piece when I buy them here 5 for about 65 cents.  Or B) I'll buy every mango I see in the grocery store no matter what the price because I miss them so much!  We'll just have to see...I'm sure it will depend on the day.  But for now I'm LOVING mango season and savoring every day of it!  I know, I know...you wish you could come visit!  You can...all are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad already that they are much harder to get now...where am I going to get my 'five a day' when the mango season passes. think Sheri will be glad i'm not contaminating the kitchen any more though!

    ReplyDelete