Thursday, March 3, 2011

Please Pray for Shelton!

Please join us in pray for 6 year old Shelton. He is one of my favorite little stinkers in Laura's dorm.  He is a joyous, adorable, lovable sweetheart!  He has been quite sick for too long at this point.  We have made the decision to take him to the hospital tomorrow morning after months of tests and being told nothing is wrong. Seriously for pretty much as long as I've been here...that's a year and a half...we have been chasing down one possibility after another.  At this point his swollen face and now belly, horrible cough & a few other issues would tell any common person that something is wrong.
It was a year ago this week that we took Naftal (another boy from Laura's dorm) to the hospital with a swollen abdomen where he was diagnosed with cancer and passed into His heavenly Father's arms many weeks later.  I am not telling you this so you can be ruled by fear and have trouble believing things will be different for Shelton.  No...I'm telling you this so you can understand the harsh reality of the country I live in.  I'm telling you this so you have even more reason to join us in prayer and believe the God we trust in is our Healer!
Thank you for your prayers...I will keep you updated as I know anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meghann Beghann,
    This is remarkably similar to the post I wrote an hour ago on my blog. Thank you for sharing with your friends and family about Shelton. And thanks for all you do, day in and day out, for our precious pumpkins. I appreciate you!
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete