Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two for the Price of One!

So today I met with Fernanda, the Mozambican nurse we were considering hiring to help us in the Baby House.  She showed up here with her sister, who is also a nurse with pediatric experience!  They both were very keen to work for us and help in any capacity we needed.  So it has been decided that we will hire them for a trial period of 3 months.  They will be covering afternoons in the Baby House...Fernanda working when she can between days at the hospital...and Ana (her sister) working the other afternoons Monday-Friday!
We certainly have our work cut out for us as a medical team.  We now have 2 women to train.  I don't think for one minute it won't be complicated.  I don't think for one minute that we won't run into at least a few issues.  But I'm encouraged.  I'm excited about what this means for the future.  I'm excited to have another two lives we are able to pour in to.  These two woman happily talked with our babies today, they very politely introduced themselves to our tias (the women who care for the children), they left telling me how excited they were to learn from us and figure out what this new job entails.
I'm still nervous...I'm still a bit timid to take this on...but I'm encouraged!
Please pray for me, the other Western nurses that will be sharing in training them up, and these two nurses...Ana and Fernanda...that God's wisdom would shine through and that these two women will fit into out team with ease!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH GOD!!!! So cool Meghann! I'm glad this is working out for you, but praying for language and the words and wisdom to share with them as you train and teach them! patience and multiplication of time too! keep me updated with specific prayer needs and you know i'll be on them! What a wonderful thing for the medical team and mostly for the Baby House! Love. It.

    ReplyDelete