Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bug Wars!

This same Saturday we spent at the market...we came home to find this lovely bug on our front porch...
It was HUGE...a hand-sized praying mantis is pretty dang large!
Anyway, at the market I had bought a gift for someone back home (I won't share who because it's a surprise).  This gift was a metal praying mantis...handmade and pretty amazing if you ask me.  Anyway, of course it became a game.  We ended up with several youth and a few kids on our porch having "bug wars". 
It was great entertainment for a Saturday afternoon...take a look!
 For a few minutes we weren't sure who would win the "bug wars"...
 ...but after a fierce battle...
 The live praying mantis won fare and square!

2 comments:

  1. you're hysterical!!!! I miss you so freaking much Meghann Glenn! skype soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome Meghann!!!! I love it! I want to hear more about it! I've seen this same P. Mantis in the prayer hut, imagine that! Or it's a close relative. Or a distant cousin. Maybe the meditating mantis. i ramble!

    ReplyDelete