Thursday, June 4, 2009

Journaling...blog style

I've decided blogging is kind of like journaling...I have never been someone to journal...but my prayer is that doing it this way will point others to Jesus.
So...tonight I'm back in Clemson. It's seems a little strange/surreal. My apartment still is filled with my belongings, but having been in Aiken (at my parent's house), the last two weeks has shown me how quickly my life is changing. I'm having trouble describing what I'm thinking or feeling recently. I'm praying for sanctification in my spiritual life. I want God to mold my heart, life, and mind into what He needs it to be before I leave in August. My hunger to meet the babies at Zimpeto is growing but my love and connection with my family is growing daily as well. I also am struggling with feelings of inadequacy in my medical knowledge, language barrier, and many other things. Inadequacy and fears are not of God...so I'm asking Him to change these around. Really, my only request is that my summer and my move to Africa be for His glory.

I would really appreciate your prayers as I dive into sanctification, budgeting situations, and continued support raising...not to mention my summer babysitting job. Also, prayers that God would give me a clear vision to cling to while I'm in Africa. I keep thinking that a clear picture of what He's calling me to would help calm my spirit.

Oh and one other stress point in my life currently is my inability to make myself review for the Nursing Boards...my test is scheduled for 2:00 on June 26th. News flash...that is EXTREMELY soon! Prayers for diligence in this and my study of Portuguese!

I think that sums up my over-stimulated, fearful, tired, nervous, controlling, somewhat ridiculous mind at the moment. I'm reminded that we are nothing but sinful creatures without Jesus living in us. How amazing God's gift of His son is!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment