Monday, September 7, 2009

Saturday...

Just thought I would tell you a little bit about what I did while most of you enjoyed a football Saturday...

So I was on in the baby house...but Heather (another missionary here...she's 23 and from England) invited me to join her for dinner. I didn't actually make it for dinner because of giving out medications, but they saved me some! She had 3 friends over who work at another base outside of Maputo. It's smaller and much more community based...but they are doing awesome things for the Kingdom! Anyway, after dinner...Heather had made dessert. She thought peach crumble and custard would be great. Well pouring hot custard into a plastic pitcher ended in a volcano affect. But, the peach crumble was amazing on it's own!
Then Heather made the comment...I want to worship. Yep that's the kind of people I live with! So we borrowed a guitar and James (one of her friends) started playing. God showed up in big ways! He definitely stirred my heart. One of the visitors who is here right now...Chris, said something that was exactly what I was longing to hear. He spoke up at one point sharing, "There is one or many more of you hear who are feeling insignificant and unworthy. God wants you to know you are not unworthy or insignificant because He lives in you. You are right where he wants you to be." I put my head down and cried. Then we all prayed over each other. James prophesied over me that...I am feeling like my decisions are inconsequential, but in reality just as those who wrote the Bible did not know at the time what they were involved in...instead of my decisions being inconsequential, in actuality God is using me to write a Bible of sorts...in other words the situations He's putting me in/the decisions I'm making to follow His pan will change lives and director many to Him.
All I can say is how exciting! I sit once again thankful for our faithful Lord and the fact that He always shows up in big ways!
So yes I was missing football...but my Saturday experiences far outweighed me missing football.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Our God is so good and faithful! He knows your needs before you even speak. He has you in the palm of His hand and will never leave nor forsake you. Keep your hand in His while serving His children. Your are a light to all!
    XOXOX Ms.D

    ReplyDelete