Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Welcome Crud

So...as of Monday I have been a little under the weather. Everyone around here lovingly refers to this disease as the "Welcome Crud". I would rather not be welcomed this way if I had a choice! So if you would send up some much needed prayers for my health I would appreciate it. And, for anyone worried (especially you Mom!) it's just a bad head cold. My throat has been raw and now the coughing and sneezing have begun. Definitely nothing I haven't dealt with in the States...just not exactly the best thing as I am still trying to figure everything out around here. So thank you in advance for all your prayers.

As for life, it's going well. Last night I cooked for some of the other missionaries (figured the least I could do was return the favor!). A simple meal, but everyone loved it. I cut of fruit and put it out (because fruit is just part of nightly meals at the Glenn house) and everyone thought that was great! Also, I got to go out with some of the girls for dinner again tonight! Thai food was on the menu! It was very yummy and fun. Tomorrow I'm going to get to go see some other parts of the city with Sharon (another missionary here). She has the day off as well and offered to bring me to do something fun in town! So I'm headed to get some great sleep and hopefully feel as good as new in the morning. Much Love to All!

Oh and if you haven't seen them, there are MANY new pictures of everyone here on my photo page! They will make you smile!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better Meghann! I'm praying for ya!

    Love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo! That stinks you had the welcome crud! Hope you get better super fast!! LOVE! :) BTW you are so right about the pictures...plane ticket please!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm . Thai food - glad to know you are a fan so we can enjoy together when you return!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully if you rest, take some cough & cold medicine, and gargle with salt water you'll be good as new in time for your outing. Sending love and higs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete