Saturday, August 29, 2009

The question of the day...

Before I pose this question to you...let me send a big thank you to Perry Noble (the pastor at NewSpring) for bringing up this question in my life more than once.
So here it goes...answer this...
If you could do anything for God and knew you wouldn't fail what would it be?
~Would you start a church (this is how NewSpring started)...
~Would you start pouring into those around you instead of just living your separate little life...
~Would you begin a ministry that served a certain group of people...
~or would you...
Now let me be the one to tell you that if you don't go forward with whatever it is that God has placed in you to do, that thing that you can't stop thinking about right now, that thing you have dreamed about but never actually tried to do (or maybe have never even verbalized)...you are a coward!

I pose this question to you because in a way this is how I ended up here in Mozambique. There was a VERY small part of me that always wanted to do something radical, like becoming a missionary. So when the opportunity was placed in front of me and this question honestly answered...I became a missionary. Also I was challenged to answer yes to the Lord before knowing the question...I did this and then soon after the question became, "Will you follow me to Africa and work as a nurse with orphans?" The answer was already yes! Here's a practical example for you...you know in elementary school when you are taught about drugs...they make you practice saying NO. It's the same, if we practice saying yes to the Lord...when He asks the big questions that seem impossible to us...we automatically say yes.

Anyway, I've been thinking about what is next...what is the next thing I would do for the Lord if I knew I wouldn't fail? So I just thought I would allow you do ponder the same!

As for current news...I made it through my first official day on call for the baby house with no supervision and all turned out great! I have today and tomorrow off to start fresh Monday morning! For now I'm headed to hang out in my garden...and spend some time with the Lord...then there might just be some play time with some of my favorite babies! Praying for all of you and missing you dearly!


No comments:

Post a Comment