Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Arrived Safely!

Hello there all!
Greetings from Mozambique. I have arrived safely and made it through my first day. My flight arrived this morning around 11...and after slight drama at the airport going through customs and then having my luggage missing for the time being...and got to see Erin's bright smiling face in person. Along with another of the long-termers, Heather...she's from England, 23, and absolutely amazing! Our first stop was ShopRite (the grocery store)...it was completely overwhelming for me. Erin went down every row showing which brands are better what you should pay more for and what you could save money on. I'm not so sure I'll remember much of it...but hopefully it will come in handy next time.
Then we got me a new sim card for my phone...I now have a Moz number and thanks to my awesome brother the phone is working brilliantly!
Back to the Center after that...I'm moved into my new room (or as moved in as you can be with no luggage) and was blessed by all the items that were already set up for me! Pictures will be up as soon as possible on the photo page if you want to see!
Erin left me be for a bit and I got to spend some time reading a note from the directors and napping and just decompressing. From 3 flights, to a new country, to a new language...I was mentally exhausted not to mention emotionally drained...the sadness hasn't ended of leaving everyone behind (mainly my family) but I know each day it will get easier with God's help.
Wednesday nights here is home group (yes NewSpringer's they have home group in Africa too!)...it was a great time of worship, prayer, and fellowship. I know God is preparing me for great things and cannot wait to see where that leads.
I'll leave you with some prayer requests:
1-My family. I love them dearly and am having a hard time watching them suffer through this separation. My prayer is that God would comfort all of us through this transition and bring us back together soon!
2-Me. Philippians 4:6-7 is my prayer right now..."Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything...Then you will experience God's peace..." And also for language learning...as quickly as possible!
3-Erin. She has 6 days to attempt as share as much knowledge with me as possible. I pray God gives her the words to share and pray I am patient and ready to absorb.
4-I have learned these past few days that the ways of my heart are fear and untrusting...I want to push into God's character and allow Him to teach me how to make my ways mimic his.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you got there safely! Praying for you continuously and miss you already! Lamentations 3:21-23 :)
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghann,
    I know you will be a blessing to the children--trust in the Lord and he will guide and support you. I will pray for you and the children. I am so proud of you as you spead Clemson Nursing across the globe!

    Dr. Howe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good News all around (except for the hair cut!)
    Don't forget that it's 15 days till kickoff!!
    Go Tigers!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 days to kick off...got it on my calender!

    ReplyDelete