Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Decided on a Life Motto!

Yes it is early in the am and I am babysitting/in the living room while my partner for the summer sleeps away in her mommy's bed! To be honest usually I get to the house about 6:30 spend some time with the Lord and sleep on the couch until I am awoke by the normal declaration, "I'm hungry," with little eye peering over the couch at me. But this morning I have The Daraja Children's Choir of Africa playing and my time with the Lord equaled me deciding on a life motto. I'm not sure I know exactly what it all means yet, but I know I want it to consume me and everything I do this next year and after! So here it goes:
"Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!"
~Psalm 103:1-5

Just typing this out and reading it over and over makes my heart leap with joy! I know that one day I will fully grasp what all of me praising the Lord is and until that day my hope is that each day I will grow closer to this reality! He has blessed me with more than I deserve by a long shot and my prayer is that I never forget that.
That's it for now I think...off to maybe nap or maybe spend a little time researching the culture of Mozambique.

Side note- if you ever find yourself headed to another country I would suggest reading Foreign to Familiar it was suggested to me by 2 different people, and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to learn about cultures and how to prepare for culture shock (as much as we can). Just random information!

No comments:

Post a Comment