Saturday, October 24, 2009

Many changes...

So this has been kind of rough week for me. I have struggled through all of the changes we are making as a medical staff right now. I was already tired as of last Friday and was looking forward to a trip to South Africa (I leave this afternoon and will be gone until Tuesday).
Erin is back...which I'm super excited about, but that makes for 5 of us trying to work together in the Baby House. Not a bad thing, just something that is going to take a lot of communication and working together. So instead of working 3 days a week and every other weekend...I am working one afternoon and one morning a week and one weekend a month. Looks like my schedule is WIDE open for other things.
I had already spoken with our directors about two things I was interested in helping with.
#1- I am working with some others on base to start a Bible study on Sunday nights. We have home group and church each week, but there is not really a small setting time to encourage each other and spend some times in the Word. So as I talked to others about it EVERYONE seemed very excited that someone wanted to work to solve that problem. Sunday nights at 7:30 a bunch of girls will be meeting in my house to study Romans...that's the book we chose to tackle first! I'd love your prayers for guidance and I lean into God to lead me through this.
#2- I am going to start helping out in Laura's dorm (the youngest boys on base that aren't in the Baby House- ages about 5-9). You know me, I do love the little ones. So with so many of us in the Baby House I thought I would branch out a little. Laura is leaving for the States tomorrow, and Rebbecca one of the newest missionaries is going to be helping while she's away. So I'm excited to be able to help Rebbecca and get to know the boys...hopefully helping with their medical issues as well!
Several other ideas have been thrown around this week as well...many of them I could end up involved in...we shall see how it all turns out! For now I'm headed to South Africa to hopefully get my visa situation taken care of and REST. I'm excited to spend some time with the Lord and hear from Him about what He would have me be involved in during this time of change. I'd love your prayers in regard to my visa (I'm praying for a 6 month visa...or 3 month...just not another one month), this time of change, as well as Sunday nights as I lead this Bible study! Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Meghann, I just realized that Iris Ministries is Heidi Baker's ministry and that she was a big part of Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship, a church out of which my new church in Raleigh was started...(got that, confusing I know)soooo basically, we're kind of in the same church family. I mean we're all part of the body of Christ, but the place that you're ministering to is in the hearts of my church leaders!! crazy...I just thought that was cool. We watched an informational video about the church and I recognized the name Iris Ministries so I did some sleuthing and found that out. Anyway--Praise GOD that you got a 6 mos. visa!! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the prayers...and that is pretty awesome. It has amazed me to see how connected I am to so many. God has been amazing in sending people into my life that have some connection to me, Mozambique, Iris.... Sounds like you guys had a blast at the fair! Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete