Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Visa Renewed...

So today is my day off this week and I planned for another missionary to take me to the border to get a new visa. This month it has not worked out for me to get to South Africa yet so I was going to try out what everyone here refers to as a "border run". This means you stamp out of Moz, walk over to South Africa, stamp in, walk around the building, stamp out of South Africa, and walk across the border and stamp back into Moz. It definitely is a little sketchy...but today it had to be done.
We left at 7am this morning. :( We dropped one of the guys from the center off for his first day of work interning with a vet! Picked up a visitor who also needed to get out of the country today and headed to South Africa. The border is about a hour and 1/2 away so not bad. We got there and all was good on the Moz side. There was not a long line, we stamped out, and started our trek over to South Africa. The man who stamped me into South Africa started to ask me all these questions...where are you going? Have you been in Moz to see your boyfriend? Do you know you have a gorgeous smile? Are you married? Seriously I just wanted to remain inconspicuous (as the only white skinned blond haired person in this whole building)!
Anyway point being we stamped in to South Africa, got around the building with no one asking us any questions. Now the only issue is that when you go to stamp back in your are standing at a row of glass windows that back right up to where you stamped in...so I handed the lady my passport, she scanned it and stamped it...and then as I started to walk away she said..."You were just over there!" She pointed behind her, where the guy who had so nicely flirted with me minutes earlier was sitting. He turned around and looked at me with this look like...you little cheater! But my passport was already stamped so I just kept walking and thank God they stamped the visitor as well and let him go.
Then applying for a new visa when smoothly and we were on our way home...praise God that is taken care of for another 30 days!

Oh and for 2 funny animal stories for you...on our way to the border there was a herd of cattle in the road...And on our way back we saw this amazing billy goat helping keep the grass on the side of the road short (along with tons of other families of goats as well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment