Thursday, March 4, 2010

RATatouille! (And Fernanda update)

Ok...so yesterday I was filled in on the fact that we have a problem in our kitchen...never a good way to start your time back in Africa. Let's start with the fact that Aleya's mom has been here visiting for a little over a week and apparently she was met her last morning (yesterday) in our kitchen with a guest who was running across MY food shelf. I'm not going to quote her but I think Aleya called it a mouse last night. Well, we discussed poison and traps and the fact that someone would need to buy those for us at the store SOON and I mean VERY soon! And then we would definitely need a boy of some sort to dispose of this creature for us...we live with 300 boys so that shouldn't be too difficult.
Well, tonight I tried to walk into our kitchen. I say tried because I did not succeed after I was greeted by RATatouille as well. If you have not seen Ratatouille, it is an adorable Disney movie that I would suggest for all ages. I loved it but now that I have my own RATatouille I'm not nearly as fond of it. We do not just have a mouse living in our kitchen. We have a RAT...it is HUGE, I mean the size of a good novel at least. It is FAT! I mean seriously does he really think he is a chef and can eat all of our food. I think NOT!
...Stay tuned for more adventures with RATatouille...

Ok, that's all fun and games (well sort of), but here is a little update on our friend Fernanda. Yesterday morning she was not doing great. The tias were only able to get her to eat 70mls and 80mls of her first 2 feeds of the day of which she needed at least 100mls to be on track for fluid intake for the day. Well, Erin did the next 2 feeds herself and was able to get 115 and 105 into her. Praise God! The only issue we had at that point was that she had not peed in 18 hours. Erin brought her to Home Group (our missionary group time for worship and teaching each week) and the team prayed over her. By about 10pm when Erin went up to check on her again the tias had gotten her to take 100mls on their own and she had peed (first time since 4:30am)!!! Praise God for answered prayers.
Today she has taken her feeds ok. She did vomit one time after a feed but her urine output is better. She is certainly not out of the woods yet and most of the other kids in the Bercario (nursery) are sick with a cold and fevers. Please keep Fernanda, the nursery tias, and the nurses in your prayers over this weekend. I'll be sure to keep you posted on any other details.

No comments:

Post a Comment