Thursday, June 10, 2010

Goodbye Mana Erin

So May 29th we said a sad goodbye to Erin. She has been here working as a nurse in the Baby House/Bercario (Nursery) for 2 years. She was a huge part of my life here in Moz. She was my nursing preceptor (something every nurse has in their first job out of school), my friend, and my family. She has kept me sane and talked through the pain with me. We have laughed more times than I could count. But, she is headed home for a time of restoration and study. Her heart is to be back in Mozambique in a different area in January 2011. For now I’m missing her here!
We had a fun dinner at a restaurant in the city for her...and just look at the amazing present Tracey put together for her from the Baby House!It is all the babies little finger prints made into the shape of a rainbow or Arco Iris (Portuguese for rainbow and what they all Iris Ministries in Portuguese). Adorable if I do say so myself!
We also had TONS of baby play time in her last few days here. It was fantastic to just slow down and spend some time with our favorite tots together.All that being said...I miss her. The first night she wasn't here I picked up my phone to text her and tell her when dinner was. I have walked by her room (soon to be mine) many times and went to peak in the door only to remember it is closed because no one is home. Sadness...

***One thing to look forward to though...Erin had started an Adopt-a-Tot in Prayer program and has passed the reigns onto me. So just as soon as I get some spare time I will sit down, update everything, figure out what tots still need a prayer partner, and send out the information to everyone. This way I can spend you specific updates on your Tot and you can be praying for them! I'm super excited about this despite the fact that Erin is not here to share it with me.

Please join me in praying for Erin's restoration and relaxation as well as all the details she is trying to work out for going back to school. Her plan is to live in Nashville, take graduate level classes online, and work part time in a NICU in Nashville...God is working out the details for her as I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment