Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Little One

Ok...just a quick update. We have made it through day 2. Our friend weighed in at 5.79kg today (that's 12.7 lbs). I'm good with that. He is still doing well with his watered down/electrolyte rich milk for now. He only vomited a little bit (apparently he shot it to the middle of the room...I wasn't around thank goodness). The main issued we had today was him regulating his body temp. I walked in this morning and read Aurora's (our Moz nurse) notes and his temp was 33.8 C (that's 92.8)...just a bit chilly. This was with LOTS of clothes on and covered in blankets. So he now is hanging out with a hot water bottle!
Again I cleaned out his wounds today...I'm a bit nervous to see if and how the one on his head is going to heal, but I'm just trusting God has a plan for this Little One, his wounds included!

I did bring Fernanda into the Bercario today after I weighed her. She weighed in at 12.56kg (27.5 lbs) and seriously is FAT and adorable! The tias almost didn't recognize her and I quickly reminded them that not too long ago she looked just like our new Little One. I pray seeing her and remembering what she looked like, how hard they worked, how many times she vomited, and the miracle God did was encouraging. Just keep praying for us all please!

No comments:

Post a Comment