Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tchau Nemias!

 Nemias went home yesterday!  He is the son of one of our pastors here, who is now remarried to one of the tias in the girls area.  Nemias was living with us because he was close to death when we took him in several years ago and every time we tried to reunite him with his father his health seemed to take a turn for the worse.  After this new marriage we agreed to keep Nemias for awhile so they could adjust and get their marriage stable before adding Nemias to the mix.  But now finally the time has come for him to be at home!
I am very happy for him to be back in a family setting and excited to see the adjustment he goes through over the next few months.  He really is a sweet and very intelligent boy who loves one on one attention.  He is very helpful and with a little encouragement will do anything he is asked.  I can just see him running around in the community helping out with all the little children around.  I also am going to miss his many hugs a day and constant presence in the Baby House.  I have grown to have a special place for him in my heart over the last few months as we watched him become a bit emotionally unstable because he so desperately wanted to be a home but couldn't express that any other way.
Please join us in prayer that he is able to cope with this transition well and comes to know and love his parents dearly.  Pray his health stays stable and his parents are able to manage the issues he does have.  And I also pray for a stable family unit.  May God bless this mother and father in their work, relationship, and family.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy to hear about this move- it is so right and it was time I think. I'll really be praying for the transition for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I will be praying for sure. I was a visitor when he first came to the centre and he was so sick and small, and he won my heart, and then when I lived there I had to visit him every day to get my hug! Love that little boy. Thanks for sharing Meghann.

    ReplyDelete