Saturday, September 4, 2010

What am I doing?

Tonight the question "What am I doing?" keeps resounding in my head. It has been a bit of a traumatic week, although not really for the reason you all think. Not because I was worried about what could happen here in the midst of riots (although of course this was on my mind at all times) but instead because I have struggled through how to calm your fears. Many people have been clear in what they see me doing...some positive and some negative over the last few days. The e-mails have all said something a bit different...
~You have such faith in the face of danger.
~You are hurting your family and friends tremendously by staying there.
~Keep loving those precious children you call your own. You are one of the only things they have.
~You need to get on a plane and come home.
~Stay safe.
~You are an inspiration.
All true things, that I am doing. And please hear my thank you for all your prayers and encouragement this last week and always. But tonight I keep asking myself, who should be telling me "what I'm doing". Our Lord and Heavenly Father.
As much as it hurts me to know you are fearful for my safety and are having trouble understanding why I would stay in a place where riots break out on the streets over increased prices because people and their families are starving...not to mention the fact that I miss all of you and would love to hug your necks...I know beyond a shadow of a doubt this is where I'm meant to be for this moment. There is a peace that passes all understanding that comes from having faith in God. This is the peace I have experienced this week in the face of danger. This is why I know I am meant to be right here loving His children and tending to their medical needs. This is why I loved on, treated, and gave milk to about 30 mothers yesterday who walked for hours to get here.
So to answer the big question, "What am I doing?"...I'm hurting because you are. I'm loving because these children need love. I'm living in the midst of trial. I'm trusting and following Him because that's all I know to do...


And on a lighter note...I'm missing Clemson football opening weekend! :( But Congratulations Tigers on your first victory of the season...one of many to come! Go Tigers!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well done Meghann! or I'm so proud of you for standing strong in what you know God has called you to. It isn't easy to do that, especially knowing that people close to you would rather you return to the US. But my hat's off to you for trusting God in what He has called to you! And I think you have responded very graciously! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The safest place in the world is in God's will. Praying for you and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I pinch this and put on my blog? You have expressed it so well. Been thinking of you alot this weekend but I can see you are in a good place. Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you! and love getting to talk to you!

    congrats to YOUR tigers...just know that I'm going to (in person and for free in MY Stadium) watch MY tigers kick YOUR tigers butts in 2 weeks.....just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Meghann...So proud of you Buddy!! :) That is what you are doing, listening and following your heavenly Father, and he will lead you into his paths, now and always...Psalm 23! Can hardly wait to dwell in his house forever!

    ReplyDelete