Wednesday, June 8, 2011

19 Days...

In the midst of all of the happenings of the last month, I have also found the time to share my leaving date with all the Mozambicans I work with.  I did my best to sit down face to face with them and explain why I’m leaving.  I didn’t want there to be any confusion.  It is not because the clinic is closed; it is not because I don’t love the people and children here; it is because I feel God calling me on to what is next.  In most cases, I did this explaining through tears and wishing my Portuguese skills were a bit better.  However, I have been touched by many precious conversations filled with blessings and thanksgivings for my work and my time spent here.  I have also been able to share my heart and thank each one for their hard work and dedication to these children, who would otherwise have no one to care for them.
That being said, I only have one more month with my Mozambican family.  Literally only 19 days.  I am not ready.  I have tons of packing to do.  I have lots of work left to complete.  I have many hugs that need to be given, babies that need to be squeezed, smiles that need to be cherished, play times, and meal times.  Their faces will be carved in my heart forever…I may never see them again or know what comes of their lives, but I will love them forever.
Please join me in prayer that God will prepare my heart to say goodbye.  I pray He shows me how to entrust each one into his loving arms.  And, please trust with me that in His time I will know what is next on this journey we like to call life. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture. It says it all about the relationship you've had with the children. Know you'll be so busy the next 19 days and I look forward to seeing you in Aiken after the beach.
    Miss Susan

    ReplyDelete