Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We're Going to Bilene!

The Wakely's are a missionary family that work and live here at the center.  They have two small girls who I dearly love.  I spend my Thursday mornings having craft time with their older daughter, Gracie!  We make all sorts of things, play lots of games, and always end up laughing about what Honor, their younger daughter, decides to do or say!
The Wakely's have been an amazing blessing to me during the last year.  They have accepted me into their family and shared their lives with me.  Each week I am refreshed by being able to speak English with their children.  It makes a HUGE difference.  I LOVE our Mozambican babies but some days am just too exhausted to work at speaking Portuguese and ensuring they understand me.  But every Thursday morning I know I can walk into the Wakely's house to cuddles, adorable blond-headed girls, and lots of craft fun!
A few weeks ago the Wakely's decided to blessed me with a day trip to Bilene to say thank you for helping with their girlies.  Bilene is a lagoon that is about 2 hours from the center.  It has gorgeous white sand beaches, blue waters, and is a favorite vacation spot for many South Africans who are looking for a rest!  I have heard about it many times in my almost 2 years here in Moz, but I have never found the free time to go and see it for myself.  It was a day filled with laughter, long chats, adorable children, sunshine, and peace!  Take a look!
It was a GORGEOUS day!
With a GORGEOUS family!
Here is Honor...the funniest little girl I know!
 And Gracie...so intelligent and ALWAYS in the know!
 These two girls have blessed me, refreshed me, and stolen my heart!
  
Thank you Wakely's for your love, support, and acceptance!  I will be praying for you and can't wait to see what God has in store for your family!  I am going to miss you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment