Friday, October 8, 2010

Bed Bugs :(

Yes, I have bed bugs.  I didn't even know what a bed bug was...something they had in the olden days...jokes...something I have in, on, around, my bed RIGHT NOW!  I woke up the other night and realized something had bitten me on the bum.  And lets backtrack...I've been complaining the last several weeks that I was waking up with strange bites all over my torso.  It wasn't until today that I put 2 and 2 together.  I pulled up my comforter and found TONS of black bugs that looked just like this...(google's answer to the "bed bugs" search)...
Absolutely disgusting!  My sheets are in the wash on the hottest it will go and my mattress is outside after being sprayed with insect killer...airing out.  I might just be sleeping somewhere else tonight because of the fact that I've now discovered 1000's more bugs...dead and alive under my bed.  Serioulsy Africa?!  That's all I have to say for now...Seriously Africa?!

2 comments:

  1. It's not just a problem in Africa -- there's actually like a bedbug epidemic in US hotels right now, too. Especially high end ones. Apparently international travellers are carrying them into the US and leaving them in the hotels. Some of my parent's friends who do a lot of travelling have spent thousands of dollars trying to get rid of the bugs that came from the hotels and are now in their homes.

    YUCK!! Goodluck getting rid of them!!

    -Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw...that was NEVER the culprit of my mysterious african spotty giraffe disease....i double triple and quadrouple checked and they were never visible and always went away on thier own....just saying. i didn't leave my room on my mattress that way!!!

    yikes and so sorry! prayers.

    ReplyDelete