Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gumball sized...

Yesterday was HOT...over 110 degrees at 10am HOT.  Seriously these are the days I wonder...God did you really think Mozambique was the best idea??  I struggle through the sweaty hugs even from the kids I love dearly.  And I think the first few days like this are a shock to the system, but it's once they start occurring day in and day out that I really struggle.  Praise the Lord this hasn't happened yet, and I will miss a chunk of this unbearable weather while I'm away in the States!
Anyway, I had a meeting at 2pm yesterday.  During the meeting the wind began to blow.  Not like a nice breeze wind...this was the kind of wind in which you should take cover because the entire sandy playground we live in could be in your eyes at any moment.  Not one stinging grain of sand...the whole darn playground.  Seriously...I'm not exaggerating one bit! ;)
Ok, away back to the point...all of the sudden the heavens parted and the rains came.  HUGE drops fell on our metal roofs.  It was glorious because I was safely tucked away inside.  The screams of all the kids outside went on for about 3 minutes as they all ran for cover.  The first photo was taken off my front porch...puddles/small ponds formed within minutes.  The thunder and lightning filled the air and the "pitter patter" on the roof was more like a VERY loud drum roll you could not even speak over.
Anyway, after a 5-10 minutes of deluge the children's screams started up again and the banging on the ruff got louder still.  It was HAIL...seriously, hail in Africa...who knew??  It didn't last long and the ice metaled within minutes of hitting the burning ground but there really was ice falling from the sky here in Moz.  I have a photo to prove it!
It was gumball sized I promise you!

2 comments:

  1. um....do ya'll have a door and a porch to ya'll's part of the compound now.....i am so jealous....was campaigning for that for 2 years!!! and you'll be thankful in the heat and rain for the extra shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...nope...don't you worry not that much has changed. I'm staying at john and sandra's. But I'll start campaigning because that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete