Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perspective

Today I went to Shoprite.  This is the very westernize grocery store that we shop at.  For the last few months my schedule has not allowed me to go as regularly as I used to.  But today I sunk out (thanks to Jannie covering Baby House for me) to get some shopping for myself and grab a few extras for our 2 new long-term missionaries that arrive tomorrow.
Anyway I was riding along just looking out the window and listening to some worship music thanks to a friend sharing their ipod with me and it hit me...I've lost perspective.  I had forgotten what life is like outside the walls of the center I live in.  I had forgotten about the HUGE issues that face this country and it's people.  The sites and sounds had grown mundane and normal.  Somehow I had put up blinders and was moving along doing my day to day work without considering His plan or His people.  I had forgotten.  I almost started crying right then.  Seriously, what have I been thinking?  I've gotten very good at checking things off my to do list, loving on the babies when I find time, chatting with the tias when the chance arises, and hanging out with my friends here when I have time off...but somehow in the midst of all the daily work I lost my perspective.
Where do I go from here is what I'm struggling with now.  But I feel like admitting you've lost your way is the first step.  Somehow Hillsong's "Eagle's Wings" describes where I'm at today...
Here I am waiting, abide in me, I pray
Here I am longing for You
Hide me in your love, bring me to my knees
May I know Jesus more and more
Come live in me, all my life, take over
Come breath in me, I will rise on eagle's wings
I feel as if I'm waiting...waiting to gain perspective again, waiting for Him to take over, waiting to rise with Him to the place I know I'm meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. What a great realizing Meghann, not great that you got there but great that you know now and can do something about it!Miss you!

    ReplyDelete