Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'll Always be a Tiger!

From Sullivan's and our Thanksgiving vacation my parents and I headed off to Clemson...the best place in the world!  Clemson is a place I love.  It's where I spent 4 years of my life, growing up, studying to be a nurse, making my best friends, and turning into who I am today!  Seriously, it is the best place in the world!
And if there is one part I love most about Clemson its football season!  I love tailgating, getting to see everyone in their gorgeous orange, spending the day outside under a tent celebrating Clemson, and ending the day with an amazing game in Death Valley.  I have to say these were some of my favorite days of college!
This was my first football game since I graduated (I missed an entire football season last year and all but the last game this year).  Last year was the first year of my life I can remember without Clemson football...seriously, that is not an exaggeration in the slightest.  Year one I might not have been there, but I can't remember that.  Missing football, holidays, weddings, and our annual beach trip were the hardest parts of being away from home.  So I made sure to make it home this year at least for our biggest rival game of the season!
Too much fun was had by all.  I got to see old friends, eat amazing southern food, and in the end the day in Death Valley cheering for my Tigers.  Too bad they couldn't pull out a win for me, but just being there was good enough for me.  I made it through the whole game, through the cold, and stayed to sing our alma mater at the end.  Just to be there was worth the travel and the loss!

I spent the next few days getting to see friends from school and visiting my church family again.  So far it has been strange and amazing all in one to be home.  It is wonderful to see my family and friends and get to spend time catching up and hearing about their lives, but still I have a life on the other side of the globe that continues without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment