Saturday, December 25, 2010

Joy to the World!

This year I have realized that the sight of everyone's Christmas trees through their windows makes me smile.  It is gorgeous and peaceful.  Something about knowing that the people in each house worked hard to hang all their memories on a tree after cursing the lights as they unwound the knots that appear EVERY year makes me smile!  I know they have their own Christmas traditions as well as issues that I know all so well are a part of every family (especially at the holidays)...but the imagine of that lit tree just brings me joy!

But, in the last few days I have been loudly and blatantly reminded of the reason for this joyous season...and as much as America might protest it is not for the trees, ornaments, lights, decorations, and gifts.  We celebrate every year because our Lord and Savior came down to this earth...He split time in half.  He came as an innocent child to later restore our relationship with our heavenly Father!  And for me that is a good enough reason to celebrate and sing...
Joy to the world! the Lord is come;
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven, and heaven and nature sing.
 Merry Christmas to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment