Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What happens when it's 120!?

So yesterday it was really 120.2 degrees (not an exaggeration at all)...that's 49 celsius...that's in the sun but it was 110 in the shade and 104 in my bedroom. ABSOLUTELY OUT OF CONTROL IF YOU ASK ME! Anyway at one point I took a freezing cold shower and enjoyed every moment of it (the whole time I was thinking could I just live here in my shower) but before I could even get dried off and put my clothes on I was sweating again...not one glistening drop but pouring sweat in buckets! Seriously...
So in the midst of 120 degrees and much much sweating Erin and I went and got three of the Baby House kids to have some water fun...it was an adventure as all things are here. We got back to my house and discovered 2 poopy diapers. We had little baby undies to put them in but no wipes to deal with the situation. After getting that cleaned up we discovered that they were not all too fond of water...
Here's Alberto's face in reference to us splashing water on him...But, they each warmed up to the idea slowly...And Enoque was the first to jump in with smiles!All followed after that for much fun and splashing!There was much twin "loving" going on...as usual!
Yep, that's right...Lena and Enoque are twins and SUPER adorable if you ask me! They are almost 2! (Lena's on the left and Enoque on the right.)And for the record...Alberto had fun but never would get into the water without tears...So...what happens when it's 120? You take several cold showers a day, you become ok with your clothes being more than just damp under the arms, it doesn't matter that everyone and their mom can see sweat all over your clothes, your face, basically every part of you, you somehow feel better about knowing its 120 (because it explains the buckets pouring off of you), and you play with three adorable children in water buckets!!!!
Lena, Enoque, and Alberto ready to head back to the Baby House...just waiting on us to clean up a bit!As I write this...it's 125 today...oh man!

1 comment: